Home PICTURES Parks & Blvds

Hyde Park PDF  | Print |

Courtesy of the Parks, Recreation and Boulevards Department of Kansas City, Missouri.

Hyde Park West Side

McGee Street north of 38th Street, Became west side of Gillham Road, Sept 1909



Hyde Park north of 38th Street

Hyde Park north of 38th Street, Walk on left is connection to 37th Street, May 1910



Comfort Station

Comfort station on west side approximately where 37th Street is, c. 1910



Comfort Station

Comfort Station, part of the back rock wall is inbedded in the base of a tree. Was a safety concern from the time it was built. c. 1910 The building was removed in the 1960s.



Gillham Road south of 36th Street

West side of Hyde Park, looking south at approximately the south end of the current tennis courts, August 1913



First Tennis Courts in Hyde Park

The first tennis courts in Hyde Park, c. 1920s. Looking north. Current tennis courts are further north.



West side of Gillham Road

West side of Gillham Road, looking north from approximately 38th Street, July 1913. Picture taken at about the same location as the first picture on this page.